Who can Forget Dora the Explorer? The namesake character of the show Dora the Explorer has surely made our childhood memorable.
With her can-do attitude and her positive personality, she is a favorite of kids across the globe. Dora is an ambitious 7-year old who embarks on daily adventures.
The beloved show revolves around a Latin American girl and her friends Boots the monkey, her animated backpack and map, and sometimes accompanied by her friend Diego, the animal rescuer.
In addition to her friends, Swiper, the cunning and sneaky fox is always following her and causing troubles. There is a dedicated song in the series to deter Swiper the fox.
It goes something like “Swiper no swiping!” This is followed by Swiper exclaiming “Oh man!” and running away. But troublemaker, or not, this sneaky fox is one of the main characters of the show and it won’t be the same without them.
What is the Height of Dora the Explorer?
Dora’s height has been a very comic subject among the fans. On one hand, she is portrayed to be a seven-year-old, which makes her a child. However, according to Google, her height is 5 feet and 2 inches, which is basically as tall as an average woman.
After someone picked up this inconsistency in her height and age, the internet understandably went nuts. People made all sorts of memes while others were dumbfounded upon finding this major characterization flaw in their favorite childhood show.
Other Surprising Fact About Dora the Explorer
But if anything, the year 2020 has been an unpredictable one. With weird facts coming to light and the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, this tiny inconsistency shouldn’t be all that surprising. If you are interested, here are a few quick facts about Dora, the Explorer:
- Dora the Explorer was cast in a total of 141 countries across the globe.
- Each episode of Dora the Explorer is carefully screened by a team of 75 preschooler critics before it is aired.
- The show, Dora the Explorer has been awarded many accolades.
- The series was the first-ever in its category to show a Latina in the central role. Initially, it was decided that Dora would be a white girl, but after some serious consideration, the team decided that there was some serious lack of representation of Latinas in preschool shows. Today, Dora is one of the most recognizable animated Latin American characters on tv.
- The animated series has allowed many children from English-speaking countries to learn a few words of Spanish. On the other hand, she has allowed many non English speaking children to learn English.
- The name Dora, is taken from the Spanish word for female explorers, which is benefiting for the central characters.
If you are a fan of the show Dora the Explorer (or Dora, in general), we’ve got good news for you. Nickelodeon is finally successful in making a live-action movie revolving around Dora. The movie “Dora and the lost city of Gold” was a much-anticipated release indeed.